Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Something Classic ..

Never failed .. by Fitri D. // Rumah Manis

I really need to baking something quick - since 2 beloved people will come home soon , while my other hand still busy with another domestic chore.  My husband, like to have a cup of coffee and little snack when he come back home from work, and also my little one - while we walking home from school, she always asking 'what are you baking today, bunda ?'  :))  She is a nice little one, I tell you ..  she always appreciate home made dish.   That's why, no matter how busy I am, I always try to bake something little for them. 
 
Well, something quick, something classic like marble cake is never failed to impress them - in fact, I baked one batch of marble cake for our last day summer picnic on last Sunday too.  Glad that every friends who came to picnic like my cake.
 
Indonesian Classic Marble Cake
 
Ingredients :
300 gr butter (you even can mix between butter and margarine too ; but yes, using butter is make much different)
300 gr castor sugar
350 gr all purpose flour
1 tsp. vanilla
5 medium eggs, room temperature
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 tbsp. cocoa powder, dissolved in 2 tbsp. hot water
1 tbsp. coffee essence
1 tbsp. white milk
2 tbsp. almond powder (**optional)
 
Directions :
Preheat oven 350 F ; Prepare and grease 8inch bund baking pan ; set aside.
Shift all dry ingredient : flour, baking powder, baking soda, almond powder. Set aside
Bear butter, sugar, vanilla until smooth - add egg one at a time, whisk until white .
Add flour mixture, stir with spatula only.
Take about 5 tbsp. batter, add with cocoa mixture, white milk, Mix well.
Pour half of white batter to the preparing bun, add cocoa mixture batter, add the rest of white batter on the top. Create marble motif with toothpick.
Bake for about 40minute or until toothpick comes clean.


 

4 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A fabulous classic! Marble cakes are so pretty and delicious.

Cheers,

Rosa

Anonymous said...

I love baking too and always have something on hand for some coffee and kids!
Looks wonderful!

Louise Runtz Reeves said...

I finally found your blog! Yea! Now I will be able to try and make your fabulous Indonesian Marble Bundt cake for family & my parents (who LOVE cake with their coffee, too!).

I found this so delicious! When I asked for the recipe, you brought me the WHOLE CAKE! Oh, YUM! Many of us were able to enjoy. Thank you! Thank you, thank you! You are so very sweet! I enjoy seeing you and your daughter's smile every morning!

Louise Runtz Reeves said...

OK, I butchered your marble cake! I'm not used to baking with weighed ingredients (I use cup measurements).It was fun trying, though, very late at night. I ended up with too much flour & it make the cake a little too dry... however, dunking it in tea or coffee would make it good again!
I WILL try again soon!