Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Waffle Cookies

Waffle Cookies by Fitri D. // Rumah Manis
 
Another bad weather coming to Midwest today, in started with a rain since Tuesday night until morning and change into snow. No school cancelation day, mean the weather probably just will be fine. It's absolutely slick on the road - I don't feel like to drive around during this nasty weather, just stay home since I finished my grocery shopping yesterday and thinking about to start put border for my quilt.. (ooh, I went to fabric store too yesterday, will show you the fabrics I picked up .. so lovely, and today my hand still klik..klik..klik  (push the enter button)  doing on line shopping *dooh* )

Until I saw 2 cookies jar on the table are empty. Oh NO.. !! this is not good :P - two cookies monster will craving and begging for me to bake.

Hmm.. let see, just bake something fast like this waffle cookies - really fast, no oven required.. It's only require of Belgian waffle maker that's all. wuhuuu .. less than 15 minute, everything ready .. I still have time to play around with my fabrics soon.

It is a fun cookies I ever make, please don't expect a perfect shape of cookies .. not too pretty but yet yummy..and supper fun if you decide to share with some other friends too. You can substitute the chocolate chips with almost anything you have in your pantry, such cinnamon, raisin whatever you like but your kiddo(s) probably will appreciate chocolate chips ^_^

Chocolate Chips Waffle Cookies
Ingredients

100gm butter, room temperature.
1/2 cup vanilla sugar
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
2 small eggs {or 2 yolks + 1 white}
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips

Directions :
1.In a stand mixer, cream together butter, vanilla , pinch of salt and sugar at medium speed for three minutes, stopping to scrape the bowl as necessary.

2.Add eggs and continue to beat on medium for another two minutes, scraping the bowl as necessary.
3.Set the mixer to stir and spoon in the flour, baking powder and chocolate chips. The finished batter should have the consistency of a sticky cookie dough.

4.Prepare your waffle maker as direction on the box and dish out measured tablespoon-sized portions (3/4 oz) into each division of the waffle iron. Bake for 2 minutes or until golden brown, and let cool and crisp up on a wire rack.

1 comment:

denise fletcher said...

This is very cute :) And your photography is simple, but so cosy and inviting that I wish I could join you for tea, baby waffles and quilting!