Friday, October 12, 2012

Banana Chocolate Chiffon Cake

Banana Chiffon Cake by Fitri D. // Rumah Manis
 
Can't tell you more, but this is a second time in a week I bake this cake, I got from my buddy blogger, Rima (A lovely Malaysian lady, who can bake any kind of cake that you can ever imagine, she is .. I'm not kidding)

First time I bake, it just need a half hour to finished half of pan of cake. My cookie monster(s) at home love it .. eergh, I'm talking about hubby and kid. Maybe because the cake is so moist, and light .

Today, my daughter is sick, she get throat-ache and I decide not to send her to school - but she said, in the afternoon she will be fine and will bake a banana chiffon cake!! oh, jezz .. never heard any other kids say that. But she is, it's funny her body temperature turn normal in the afternoon and right the way want to bake . Ok, mommy let her to do that ..

Here is the recipe - Thank you Rima :)

 

Banana Chocolate Chiffon Cake
Ingredients :
20gr cocoa powder
60ml hot water
100gr banana – mashed
35gr cooking oil
½ tbsp chocolate paste
85gr cake flour
1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
75 gr caster sugar (I’m sweet tooth, mine is 100gr sugar)
5 yolks eggs
5 white eggs
½ tsp salt
75 gr caster sugar (for white egg mixture)

Method :
Dissolve cocoa powder in hot water. Add smashed banana, cooking oil, chocolate paste, stir well, set aside.
Sift flour, cinnamon, baking powder.
Whisk sugar and yolks with stand mixer until pale. Add in cocoa mixture. Continue to whisk at low speed. Add batter into sifted dry ingredients
Beat white eggs and salt until half inflate, add sugar a little at time and continue to whisk till stiff peak.
Add egg white , fold in gently and lightly. Pour into ungreased chiffon pan
Bake in preheated oven of 350 F about 50 minutes (usually this chiffon bake till 60-70minute, but mine just 50 minutes and this keep my chiffon so moist)


1 comment:

Hesti HH. said...

Kalo udah dua kali bikin artinya beneran yummy nih...masuk waiting list lagi ^^