Thursday, June 14, 2012

Quilts For Kids - Downy Touch Of Comfort Program

Quilts For Kids by Fitri D. // Rumah Manis

I’ve been heard about amazing program from my fellow blogger, Ashley called : “Downy Touch of Comfort Program Quilts for Kids” - that quilter can volunteer helping to making blanket for children in hospital all over the country.

I’m just beginner, what I know is sewing straight line that’s it. But that didn’t make me stop doing something for others. After read the article, I encourage my self to contact them. Within 1 week, their sent me quilt kit package. Contains with fabrics already cut with different size and some instruction how you can create pretty blanket. And you have time to sewing within 6 weeks.

I finished the project for 1 weeks, and already sent back the quilt to them. So, if you who lives in USA like to doing volunteer please check their website here :


 http://www.quiltsforkids.org/

I admit that my quilt is not perfect enough, but what I’m thinking is (maybe) the blanket will cheer the little ones who MUST to stay in hospital.  One thing I loved, we can give name for blanket you've been created. I called 'BLUE WAVE' for this quilt, is that cute name ? I bet a baby boy will accept this blanket. And hope he will like it.

2 comments:

Omee Bubu said...

Wonderful! They look soooo good!

Food and story said...

fantastic mak...kalo dekat sy pasti order, terutama seperti yg sudah jadi itu...kotak2 biru hijau....cantik sekali