Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Lemon Curd

It easy to find a great lemons in market this time , For me lemon is so cute .. ! love the colour, love the aroma , interesting ^__^ Two days ago I went to market and bought some of them, well .. didn't have any idea what I want to do with many lemons till I feel craving of piece of Pie .. ! Tadaaaaaaaaa, finally I made a jar of lemon curd and than next day I made lemon-curd pie ..


To finishing touch I put all that lemon curd into the jar and wrap with a piece of fabric and rope, look great and you know what ?? you can get the idea to give your friend something that you make from your own kitchen without spending much money but still look nice





Click is my first blog event that I'm participating regularly. I have never had any experience in blog event before.

My lovely friend has encourage me to do this since She saw my picture at my Multiply Page a couple days ago. *Thank you , dear to encourage me every time :-) * For me this is so much fun, and challenge me practice to take a picture better and better everyday


This picture below is my entry to Click Event:
Yellow hosted by Bee and Jai. And for Bri, be strong .. this is for you


Young At Heart ©Charlie F. Kane

I hope that time treats you well,

I hope that your dream will come true,

I hope that Fate looks after you

And I hope you remain young at heart.

I hope that you are never without,

I hope that your smile stays on,

I hope you will always remain strong

And I hope you remain always young at heart.

I hope you will have courage

I hope love will always find you Even if it is not me with you,

And I hope you will remain young at heart.

I hope your smile will stay so beautiful,

I hope that age looks after you hope you never wish to fade away

And I hope you will remain so young at heart.





Lemon Curd Recipes :

5 egg yolks

1 cup sugar

4 lemons, zested and juiced

1 stick butter, cut into pats and chilled


Add enough water to a medium saucepan to come about 1-inch up the side. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.


Meanwhile, combine egg yolks and sugar in a medium size metal bowl and whisk until smooth, about 1 minute.


Measure citrus juice and if needed, add enough cold water to reach 1/3 cup.


Add juice and zest to egg mixture and whisk smooth. Once water reaches a simmer, reduce heat to low and place bowl on top of saucepan. (Bowl should be large enough to fit on top of saucepan without touching the water.) Whisk until thickened, approximately 8 minutes, or until mixture is light yellow and coats the back of a spoon.

Remove promptly from heat and stir in butter a piece at a time, allowing each addition to melt before adding the next.


Remove to a clean container and cover by laying a layer of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the curd. Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.



Source : Alton Brown

3 comments:

Dwiana P said...

yawww.......... your lemon curd is very inviting!! great shot!

bee said...

thanks for participating. great shot. see you at the roundup.
-jai

Nisa-mom said...

Dwiana : Thank You,dear. Because of you hihihihi...

Jai : Thanks Jai! A pleasure to participate :-)