Sunday, January 19, 2014

Roti Gambang

Roti Gambang by Fitri D. // Rumah Manis
 
I missed my parents, I missed my sisters, I missed my country a lot - it has been 3 years won't be able to come to visit them. Hopefully someday. The more and more I miss my country, always pushing me to go back to the kitchen and make something related to my country, Indonesia - and the other hand, its always nice to introduce a new taste to my family members.

One of their favorite now is Roti Gambang, a very simple brown sugar bread . Is always easy to find this bread in my city ; there is always a guy who selling this bread and other kind of home made breads by the bicycle every afternoon. :))

The recipe I found from my blogger friend, Arfi Binsted - she made a gluten free version of the bread. Which is create a nice texture for the bread itself.

Gluten-Free Roti Gambang
By Femina Online
Source: Riana Ambarsari

250 g dark palm sugar, grated (I used Javanese Dark Palm Sugar).
175 ml water
380 g gluten-free flour or all purpose flour will work too
125 g almond meal
25 g milk powder (I skip this since I don't have in my pantry)
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon powder
1/4 tsp vanilla flavouring essence
2 egg yolks, loosely beaten
200g margarine if you want softer texture
112g raw slivered almond, crushed lightly with rolling pin
3 Tbsp water, for brushing - I skip this since my dough is kind of sticky
3 Tbsp sesame seeds

Instruction:
Put sugar and water in a saucepan on a medium heat. Stir the sugar until dissolved and let it boiled for a while until bubbly. Remove from the stove, strain it  and let cool.
Combine flour, almond meal, milk powder, salt, baking soda, baking powder, crushed almond and cinnamon powder. Pour in the sugar mixture. Add in egg yolks and vanilla essence. With a wooden spoon, mix well until all the mixed dry ingredients hydrated. The mixture should be rather sticky. Add in margarine, mix well. Leave and cover the mixture a rest for 30 minutes for easy handling.
Preheat the oven to 300 F.
Line baking trays with baking paper. Weigh mixture 75g each, roll into balls, oval shape or long fingers , and put them on the trays. spread the sesame seeds stick on top of bread
Bake for 35 minutes. The bread will taste crunchy outside but soft inside.
 
Thank you Riana and Arfi for a nice recipe .. :)

2 comments:

Hesti HH. said...

Waaaaaaa...kita sefeeling nih mbak, aku juga bikin, xixi. Wanginya dah sampe sini bo!

Hesti HH. said...

Waaaaak...wanginya ampe sini. Aku jg bikin mbak. Tugas buat Majalah Rasa Indonesia ^^