Thursday, August 15, 2013

Brown Velvet Vigor Shake

Brown Velvet Vigor Shake by Fitri D. // Rumah Manis

Have you ever considering to eat Raw Food ? The foods are consumed in their purest, most simple form - un cooked ; unprocessed ? Or become vegetarian ? I never consider my self as a vegetarian ; don't get wrong I'm not eat big chunk of steak for so long ; I prefer to eat fish , tofu .  Well - I try my best to eat a healthy food whenever I can !  This post is not talk about a healthy raw food, how good balance diet is..  NO, you yourself know what best for your body.  I just want to change my eating habit a little bit.
 
This happened when I saw friend of mine, a very talented young lady, Dita - she is posting about a healthy smoothie recipes, heey .. it's look good, think the taste must be good too.  Do I interest to try ? well, I tag the recipes already but not try  yet, until I went to local library and by accident find 'Raw Energy Book by Stephanie Tourles' . I read the book from 1st page until finish while waiting my daughter practice at the gym.  It was interesting book, and next morning , I filled my shopping basket with some of fresh fruits, fresh vegetables. 
 
I try one of Stephanie's recipe, to my surprise the taste is so good - I drink a big cup for my breakfast - and I didn't feel craving for sweet at all.  Well, this is not diet recipe but I consider as detox drink , I still eat 'normal' lunch, and drink another cup for dinner , wow I feel good ...
 
So daily I combine recipe from Stephanie Tourles and Dita (check her recipe HERE) , they recipes satisfy my hunger in a good way :)
 
Brown Velvet Vigor Shake
Recipe : Raw Energy Book
 
Ingredients :
2 cups purified water
8 pitted prunes (if hard, soak for 1hour before bleeding) ~~ medjol dates is work too
2 medium banana, cut into chunks
1/4 cup raw oatmeal flakes ~~ I substitute with 1 tbsp. flaxseed meal
2 tbsp. raw tahini (sesame seed paste) ~~ I skip this
1 tbsp. raw honey or agave nectar (optional)
pinch of sea salt (optional)
 
Directions :
Put the water, prunes , banana, oats, tahini, and honey and salt if desired in a blender, and blend on medium until smooth and thick.
 
Pour into glasses
 
A good source of : age-defying, anti oxidants, and B vitamins plus potassium, natural sugar, protein, fiber
 

 

No comments: