Friday, May 11, 2012

I'm not perfect

Flourless Oranges Cake by Fitri D. // Rumah Manis
I trying to balance my time between : so active kid, a kind of picky eater husband, house works, taking care of my garden, sewing, baking, social life, facebook-ing, twitter-ing, blaaah... not always easy :p - ooh, well what I can say that I'M NOT PERFECT but I KEEP TRYING !

Happy Mother's Day for all mom around the world, especially my dear mom - who I never seen for almost 3 years, just heard her voice. I miss you so much mom, I wish I can sit enjoy the nice afternoon with you with a cup of coffee and talk about life or whatever comes to our mind.

Let me share this recipe to you, who know you decide to bake some for your mom too :) by the way this cake is glutten free.. so delicious

Flourless Orange Cake(Recipe from taste.com.au)

2 oranges
3 eggs
215g caster sugar
300g almond meal
1 tsp baking powder

Wash the oranges, place them in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Drain, then return to pan, cover with water and bring to boil. Let simmer another 15 minutes. Drain and coarse chop the orange discarding any seeds.

Place the oranges in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.

Whisk the eggs and the sugar until thick and pale. Add the orange, almond meal and baking powder and fold until just combined. Pour into a greased, 22cm round pan and bake in 170C for about 50 minutes or until skewer inserted comes out clean.

Serve with pure icing sugar and decorate with orange rind

No comments: