Friday, February 12, 2010

Good Bye, my friend


2 Days ago, I got message from my friend, she said one of my beloved friend past away. The message hurted me so bad. She was my best friend, she was my sister . We lost contact for almost 2,5 years! I couldn't reach her at all.

Just a month ago, from my other friend I heard that she got cancer, she was so ill. oh.. GOD, I make a wish, that I hope can see her again. But only GOD knows ! I can't make it :(

**there was one funny story about her , one day, for 5 days I found some snack on my table , no body knows who did it, and after a week ours office boy in my old company told me who did it. That was her ! She told me the reason, "You need much energy to running here and there" - (oh, well.. I used to be marketing officer who always try to catch a big client :D ) And since then she became my best friend . Everything about her was so simply, she can be best friend for everybody.

Gosh, I missed the way you walk, I missed share toughs with you, I missed your laugh. And that made me cry. Goodbye my friend I know your gone, but I can still feel you here. I know you are in a better place and one day we will be together again, and now until then you will always remain my best friend .



I made the cake yesterday, that remind me about her .. *sigh* I wish you are here, we share snack and sit on my porch having a girl conversation !


RED VELVET CAKE

Source : Bobby Flay


Ingredients

Cake:
3 3/4 cups all purpose Flour
3 tablespoons Dutch processed cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cups vegetable oil
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon red food coloring
1 1/2 cups buttermilk, at room temperature

For the cake:

Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour 2 (9-inch) cake pans and line each pan with a round of parchment paper.

Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl

Cream the butter, sugar and oil in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl and beat until incorporated. Beat in the vanilla, vinegar and food coloring.

Add the flour mixture to the batter in 3 batches alternating with the buttermilk, mixing well after each addition. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Cool on a baking rack for 15 minutes before removing the cake from the pans. Let cool completely before frosting. Slice each cake into 2 layers and frost or just using your cupcake mold it will work too :)



Don't STEAL the Images


Frosting:
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup whole milk
1/2 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
7 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups superfine sugar


Combine the cream, milk, vanilla bean and seeds in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Remove the vanilla bean and discard. Add the flour and cook, whisking constantly, until thickened to a paste, about 2 minutes. Scrape into a bowl, cover and refrigerate until very cold, at least 2 hours.

Combine the butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and beat until the mixture is very fluffy and the sugar is totally dissolved, about 6 minutes. Add the cold paste, a few tablespoons at a time to the butter mixture and whip until light and fluffy.

9 comments:

Dwiana P said...

sorry to hear about your friend mak:(
btw, itu yg metal bulet 'cake server' yah? dpt dimane? menih keceh. happy valentine day buat elo, nisa and pak kumis yak.

Nisa-mom said...

thank you Dwi, almarhumah itu sohib gue banget..jadi berasa kehilangan sekali.

Laah, itu nemu di toko barang loak.. $2,- lengkap sama gelas nya *ada di foto itu juga* gelas nya nemu 5 biji, 80cent/each heheheheh

Susy Barrat said...

Fitrie, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend .. tabah ya jenk..

Kris Ngoei said...

My condolences to your friend! What left of a great person is the sweet memories she shared with us. And that is the greatest thing we can treasure until the end of our time.

Sawadee from Bangkok,
Kris

Ema said...

ikut kerduka ya fit buat temennya.., btw cake nya pas banget buat valentine ya..:)

Azita Mehran said...

My condolences and I'm so sorry about the loss of one of your best friends. It was very nice of you to make this wonderful cake in her memory.

Anh said...

I also had similar story. *sigh*. Just hope that our friends, who are battling with cancer, can see the bright side of life.

Love your blog by the way :)

Kris Ngoei said...

Congrats for winning DMBLGIT!!!! Sweetttttttt! So happy for you, Fit! Keep taking great photograph :-)

Sawadee from Bangkok,
Kris

Unknown said...

sorry for the loss, say.

gw link ke Mindy's Deli ya say