Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Pandan Ogura Cake


 
I've been itch to try pandan ogura cake since I saw some fellow blogger post about this cake.  Pandan Ogura cake is kind of similar to chiffon cake which the cake texture is kind of airy , the different is baking method - as we called water bath method, which there is steam needed to help cake baked.  And also add a natural food color, from pandan extract.   You will find the pandan leaves very easy , mostly at Asian market. 
 
My husband like this cake, even thou he prefer butter cake which is more 'stiff' than 'airy' type of cake.  And my daughter ? she was not impress by this cake  Hahahaha... I think because she not fan of the color thou, she said,  she will like if I using chocolate powder instead ...
 
I combine several recipe that I found through online, and this is recipe that I already fix here and there for my taste and work well for me.  Let's give a try
 
 
 
 
Pandan Ogura Cake

5 eggs (seperated while is cold)

1 whole egg

1/4 salt
 
80 gr castor sugar

60 gr vegetable oil

70gr pandan juice - you can use pandan extract as much as 1 tsp

20gr coconut milk

75gr all purpose flour

1/4 tsp cream of tar tar or subtitute with 1 tsp lemon juice

 
Directions :

Prepare 8" square or round pan - grease the pan, dusting with a little flour and cover with parchment paper .

Another square pan quite bigger than 8" for water bath method.

Is important to check your oven correctly, I set my oven 300F for bake this cake.

Beat 5 egg yolk, 1 whole egg, salt , vegetable oil , pandan juice and coconut milk with hand whisker until fluffy. Shift in flour, then mix it until well combine. Set aside

Beat egg white and lemon juice or cream of tar tar with mixer about 2 minute, add castor sugar little by little , continuesly mix until firm peak form, with rubber spatula add this white meringue to the yolk batter, fold the batter until nice smooth batter is created.

Pour the mixture into prepared pan, tap 2 times so the air will pops up .

Put the pan into the larger pan , slide to the oven and carefully filled the outside pan with hot water, about 1/3 batter pan. Bake for aboout 50minute.

Once baked, remove from the pan immediately, to avoid cake become shrink . inverted on a rack .. take the parchment paper , cool completely before slicing

No comments: