Wednesday, February 6, 2013

A beautiful memory

Beautiful Cross Stich by Fitri D. // Rumah Manis
 
Last week, I was contacted by my daughter's teacher ..(Mrs.H) she asked me if I willing to do extra quilting work outside of personal. And without doubt I said 'Yes' - oh No, the story not just that .. Mrs.H sister will having a baby on April and their family will having a baby shower  next week, their late grandma started a cross-stich baby quilt, and so sad, she passed before she finishing the work.

Honest to GOD, I had a goose bump when I saw her work for the first time, the cross stich absolutely beautiful - I can feel her hand 'dancing' on the fabric while she made this beautiful blanket.

So short story, I agree to sew backing and binding , well.. I still feel nervous even I sew several blankets already .. you know, this work has a beautiful memory, I don't want to messing it up.

And in 2 hours I finished the quilt, and still have a left over fabrics and I decided to make a little pillow too.
 


I'm not taking credit for the quilt, I'm just did a little sewing on quilt . But still, this is a nice thing ever happened in my sewing experience.

So, what do you think about the quilt ? I know you will agree with me .. this is a such a beautiful handcraft made by a beautiful lady.. God Bless Her..

4 comments:

lubnakarim06 said...

Wow...congrats.....nice work...

Rita Sella said...

Wow, she must be very happy and proud of u up there.... Merinding makk...
Btw, thanks for leaving comment @ my blog, that blog tells the owner is busy, either too busy to update lol.... I'm working on some projects behind sewing machine, been a good student of u tube lately. Cheers mak

Shinta Damayanti said...

aaww... It's sweet story but also sad story for me. You're such a nice lady mak... :)

CT Delima said...

Awesome! suka sama hasil kerja yang halus. proud of you Nisa :)