Friday, April 16, 2010

Potato & Raisin Muffins



The weather is so great ! warm, light wind, this is the perfect weather for jogging around the lake. And since I (though) need to lose my weight LOL - I try not to bake 'creamy' cake ! but just simple snack like Potato Muffins ! Well, I know I cheating (sometime ^_^) to skip dinner and please don't follow :D this is just my way to cut 'fat' around my belly - but really, 1 potato muffin before afternoon jogging is the best way (for me) to skip dinner hahahahha..




Potato & Raisin Muffins


175 gr mealy potatoes, diced

125 gr self-rising flour, plus extra for dusting

2 tbsp brown sugar

1 tsp baking powder

175 gr raisin

4 large eggs, separated

Method :

Lightly grease and flour a 12 cups of muffin pan. Cook the dice potatoes in a pan of boiling water, for 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain well, and mash until smooth. Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the flour, sugar, baking powder, raisin and egg yolks. Stir well, to mix thoroughly

In a clean grease free bowl, whisk the eggs whites until the are standing in peaks. Using a metal spoon, gently fold them into the potato mixture until fully incorporated.

Divide the batter evenly among the 12 cups in the muffin pan. Bake the muffins in a preheated oven 350 F for 20 minutes or until the muffin risen (use tooth pick method to check your muffin)


Remove the muffins from the oven and serve warm, buttered if you like.





Don't STEAL the Images

4 comments:

Azita Mehran said...

these muffins look so wonderful! delicious! beautiful photos!

Kris Ngoei said...

Hi Fit! I am back..... how is everything there? I like the weather in Jakarta right now.... so much cooler than Bangkok... so are you still flying in the end of the month?

Btw, these muffins look delicious. I should be going back to baking soon....

Sawadee from Bangkok,
Kris

Kris Ngoei said...

Are you in Jakarta yet? Have fun, look forward to your new posts :-)

Sawadee from Bangkok,
Kris

Kris Ngoei said...

Just to drop by and ask how is your holiday so far.... Weather is fantastic and hope you have great time there :-)

Sawadee from Bangkok,
Kris