Thursday, October 1, 2009

love to love..


Nisa : mommy, are you happy ?

Mommy : *smiling* hmm.. why you ask ? Yes, I'm happy *especially having you as my daughter

Nisa : mommy, I love you but I like puppy much *puppy is hers toy*

Mommy : wow.. I must to compete with puppy

Nisa : oh, don't worry mommy .. I like you both..

Hahahah.. that was funny conversation between me and 3yo daughter, she is cute little one, sometime make me headache too.

What makes you happy, my dear friends ? many things, I believe.. we have a different meaning of happiness. The nicest quote I heard today is , "give respect and you will get respect" as simply like that.. make people smile make you happy.. *well, at least that what I feel*


Ok,let's back to baking project LOL.. this is baking site, right ??

I bake macaroon quite often, but every time I decide to bake I get nervous as always. You know why ?? because, there is un-written rule for baking french macaroon, THE FEET..!!!! Yeaaaah, I always act like a little girl who exciting waiting for cookies out from the oven. Looking through window oven, to see if my macaroon comes good this time. Hahahahah.. so hilarious.

Lemme, tell you this, yesterday I baked 3 batchs, 1 batch ended to trash can because "no trademark" , no feet ! *ssst..don't tell my husband LOL.

PANDAN & SAFFRON MACAROON

3 egg whites (about 90 gr)

1/2 tsp saffron or 1 tsp pasta pandan

40 gr granulated sugar

200 gr powdered sugar

110 gr almonds


Directions

In a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the egg whites to a foam with the saffron, gradually add the sugar until you obtain a glossy meringue. o not over beat your meringue or it will be too dry and your macaroons won't work.

Combine the almonds and powdered sugar in a food processor and give them a good pulse until the nuts are finely ground. Pass through a sieve.Add them to the meringue, give it a quick fold to break some of the air and then fold the mass carefully until you obtain a batter that flows like magma or a thick ribbon.

Give quick strokes at first to break the mass and slow down.The whole process should not take more than 50 strokes. Test a small amount on a plate: if the tops flattens on its own you are good to go. If there is a small beak, give the batter a couple of turns.

Fill a pastry bag fitted with a plain tip with the batter and pipe small rounds (1.5 inches in diameter) onto parchment paper lined baking sheets.

Preheat the oven to 300F.

Let the macaroons sit out for 30 minutes to an hour to harden their shells a bit and bake for 8-10 minutes, depending on their size. Let cool.If you have trouble removing the shells, pour a couple of drops of water under the parchment paper while the sheet is still a bit warm and the macaroons will lift up more easily do to the moisture.

Don't let them sit there in it too long or they will become soggy. Once baked and if you are not using them right away, store them in an airtight container out of the fridge for a couple of days or in the freezer



For the Chocolate Ganache
1/2 cup heavy cream
5 1/3 oz dark chocolate, 65 % cocoa

Steps:
Grate the chocolate and place it in a bowl.

Heat the cream and bring to a simmer. Stop and pour over the chocolate. Let sit for 1 mn, then mix together to get a smooth paste. Let cool before using.

*thank you , for Helene - Tartelete who share the incredible recipes always*

5 comments:

henny said...

Ini tuh rasanya mungkin sama dgn Schuimpjes ya? Kue noni2 jaman dulu itu, tapi biasanya di spuit model bunga dg warna2 soft candy juga.
Keren euy fotonya....

Nisa-mom said...

sedikit beda,karena klo schuimpjes itu ga pake tepung sama sekali. sementara ini pake tepung almond, klo mo coba bisa juga pake kacang mete yang di tumbuk halus Hen :) Ga berani malah bikin schuimpjes.. lama di oven oy.

lisa is cooking said...

Your macarons look perfect! I've still never tried making them. One of these day, I have to try them.

Kris Ngoei said...

Fit, I know exactly what you were talking about - waiting for the feet to pop up. That was such a terrifying wait. When it just flattened away after the first 5 minutes, my tears would almost drop from my eyes!

Anyway, your macarons turned out beautifully. And you just discovered a brand new flavor - pandan and saffron, that is nice! Thanks for sharing.

Regards
Kris

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your DMBLGIT win!