Saturday, August 1, 2009

Summer Picnic

Forgive me not to updating my blog often :D - well, I just try to enjoy the nice weather everyday before summer end, and most the time I do some outdoor activity with my daughter. Like what we did last Friday, picnic. Not such a fancy picnic , just went to the lake closed to our home , brought lunch box and ate over there. Just simply like that but made her happy.

This one of simply lunch I made too, BAKSO PONG - or 'tofu meatball' . I can't remember how many times I made this meatball.. this become hers favorite snack too :D




BAKSO PONG a.k.a TOFU MEATBALL

Source : Ms.Rieke - Sexy Chef

Ingredients :

150 gr shrimp

75 gr chicken fillet

150 gr firm tofu

2 tbsp fried red onion (shallot)

1/2 tbsp fried garlic

3 tbsp bamboo shoot

4 tbsp tapioca flour

1 egg

1 tsp salt

1 tsp white pepper


Variation : to make more healthy meatball, add diced carrot and spring onion too - so your kids will eat veggie too


Direction :

Combine the ingredients into food processor. Leave to stand for 10 minutes, then mix again, using your hands. With moistened hands, shape the meat mixture into large walnut-sized balls, place on a tray, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.

Heat 1 cm/1/2 inch of oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Fry for about 5 minutes until golden brown and cooked through, turning frequently. Drain on kitchen paper.

6 comments:

Kris Ngoei said...

Fit, bakso pong looks so delicious! Would want to bake for my beloved one (but there is no one right now so maybe for myself)

So glad to have you back in blogging and all..... Oh, no don't leave me hang out there alone among those expert food bloggers! Would like to see you back in CLICK or DMBLGIT...

Again, welcome back? So, btw when is this Indonesia trip of yours?

Regards
Kris

henny said...

Fit, kalo aku kok selalu rada kempot ya baksonya setelah di goreng? Gak pernah timbang2 sih, kira2 aja...
Apa tahunya kali ya...kebanyakan air dari pabrik.

Eh, kapan ke Indo?

Nisa-mom said...

@ Kris : hi Kris, glad to know that you back on track :D OK..OK event I never won but I will compete with you again LOL.

@ Henny : coba ngukur pake resep ini deh Hen, mudah2an ga kempot :D Mudik nya nanti di kasih tau di FB ya heheheh

lisa is cooking said...

Your daughter seems to be loving the picnic! Sounds like fun. The tofu meatballs looks delicious too.

Unknown said...

dah lamaaa pengen piknik belon kesampean...ehhh ini malah topan badai melulu...parahhhh

Kris Ngoei said...

Fit, I would like to dedicate my latest post to you. Please follow this link:

http://bakeinparis.blogspot.com/2009/08/swan.html

Have a great day!

Regards
Kris