I have this picture for long time ago, well.. a month or two , I couldn't remember LOL. And this is my entry for event CLICK which is theme for this month is STACK.
Jai and Bee...here's my entry for Stacks.
Roti Gambang Almond / Almond Gambang Bread
Source : Ms. Irma
250 grams dark palm sugar (Java Dark Sugar)
175 ml water
375 grams all purpose flour
125 dry fine bread crumbs
25 gram milk powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon powder
1/4 tsp vanilla powder/vanilla extract
2 egg yolks
100 grams margarine
100 grams almonds, chopped
3 Tbsp water, for brushing
3 Tbsp sesame seeds
1. Boil Java red sugar with water until dissolved and hard boiled. Set aside and let cool.
2. Mix flour, breadcrumbs, milk powder, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla and egg yolks. Blend well. Pour in sugar syrup, knead until well blended.
3. Blend in margarine, knead until well blended.
4. For the dough into ball shaped, cover with plastic sheet. Set aside for about 30 minutes at room temperature until the dough becomes dry and easy to roll.
5. Uncover, form the dough into round oval shape, each weighed 75 g. Arrange them on greased cookie sheet, give space among them as they will rise. Brush the surface with water, sprinkle with sesame seeds.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 150 Celsius degree for 30 minutes until done.